The primary focus of the AS9101 Revision D is to focus on the upcoming new requirements to the AS9100 Revision C standard with specific reference to the following:
- Critical Items
- Special Requirements
- On-time Delivery (OTD) Performance
- Risk Management
- Project Management
The AS9101 Rev D has aligned itself with the process approach for quality management systems as indicated in the 9100-series of standards. There are four basic questions asked when evaluating quality management systems which is linked to each process which is being audited:
- is the process identified and appropriately defined?
- are the responsibilities assigned?
- are the procedures implemented and maintained?
- is the process effective in achieving the desired results?
The collective answers to these questions can determine the result of the evaluation.